Run Expression is my way of helping athletes overcome these limits while fostering a supportive community that is fun and exciting.
Based on decades of reading, experimenting, racing, and occasionally experiencing amazing breakthroughs, I strive to provide guidance on a wide variety of topics that allow athletes to grow in multiple dimensions. These topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Running workouts
- Our inner athlete (mind and spirit)
- Strength and Mobility
- Effects of aging
- Dealing with illness and injury
- Adapting to life changes and stressors
- Using technology to make training more specific and measurable
My approach is to optimize for whole athlete performance and satisfaction. This isn’t to say I don’t like to train and race fast—I do. But there is so much more to it than race times. I find that the more we embrace the process, the people, and our own personal limitations involved in running, the more we are rewarded.
Areas of E:xpertise
- Stryd Power Meter Analysis
- Moxy Muscle Oxygenation Analysis
- Heart Rate Analysis
- Mindfulness for Sports Performance
- Physical Performance Assessments
- Track, Road Racing, Cross Country, and Ultrarunning Racing
- Triathlon and Mountain Biking Racing
- Endurance athlete since age 8 with expertise in running, mountain biking, triathlon, obstacle course, and team sports like soccer and lacrosse.
- Expertise training and racing everything from 800 meters to 100 miles.
- Former Division I track and cross country athlete at Villanova University.
1 mile – 2019 Hartshorne Mile, 4:34, 1st master
3K – 2018 Indoor USATF Masters Championships, 9:16, 1st 40-44 age group
5K – 2018 Run for the Butterflies, 15:41, 3rd overall, 1st master
5 Mile – 2017 Brian’s Run 5 mile – 26:14, 6th overall, 1st master
10M – 2018 Broad Street – 52:30, 25th overall, 2nd master
1/2 Marathon – 2019 Philadelphia 1/2 Marathon – 1:11:30, 1st master
Marathon – 2017 Philadelphia Marathon – 2:36, 33rd overall, 1st master
50K – 2017 Blues Cruise 50K, 4:04:20, 4th overall, 1st master
100K – 2018 UROC, 10:40:50, 4th overall, 1st master *Rated as 9th most competitive US ultra in 2018
100M – only made it 80 miles at Vermont 100 in 2018 … will have another go soon!
I really want to qualify for the Boston Marathon. I was so close last year but I just couldn’t keep it together the last 5 miles. As a former competitive swimmer, I love having athletics and competition as part of my life. I feel like it improves my mind as well as my body. Its like a spark that ignites passion and performance in all aspects of my life. Of course now that I’m in my 40’s, the demands of work, family, and life make it really hard to focus on training. That’s why I love having Run Expression and coach Brock to guide me. I know what I need to do to achieve my goals and I have much more confidence in my training and racing. As I get faster, I’m learning so much about myself and my limits. I’m capable of much more than I ever thought. I can’t wait to express this out on the race course this year, and hopefully for years to come.